"Museum of War — Territory of Peace"
Services for visitors:
- Sightseeing tour of the territory of the memorial complex "Brest Hero Fortress"
- Sightseeing tour of the exposition "Museum of War - Territory of Peace"
- Conducting thematic excursions by employees
History of the Museum:
The museum is located in the South-Eastern barracks of the Citadel of the Brest Fortress. The barracks was built in the 19th century. Before the start of the Great Patriotic War, units of the 84th Infantry Regiment were stationed here. With the outbreak of the war, the barracks became a battlefield. From 1944 to 1956, the military units of the Brest garrison were located in the surviving premises of the fortress, in 1971 the South-Eastern barracks became part of the memorial complex "Brest Hero Fortress".
In 2012, major repairs and restoration began. The new exposition was sponsored by Gazprom Open Joint Stock Company. On June 22, 2014, on the Day of Memory and Sorrow, in the year of the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Belarus from the Nazi invaders — the exposition "Museum of War - Territory of Peace" was opened.